We’ve spent the last decade helping major companies move beyond press releases and shape their innovation narratives with pioneering B2B content sites. By now, we’ve built, refreshed, revamped, and/or managed more than 100 newsrooms, and we’ve developed deep expertise on how to effectively run and grow them.
Every newsroom we create is tailored to the specific challenges our client is solving. But we always champion a site architecture that highlights the company’s strategy and values. Here are some cases in point:
PROPELLING TOYOTA FORWARD WITH USER-CENTRIC COMMUNICATIONS
The auto sector was radically disrupting itself, yet industry-wide communications felt stuck in a pre-internet era. How could we help Toyota build a communication ecosystem that would reflect its forward-thinking perspective?
- We reviewed its existing site, with an eye toward providing members of the media with exactly what they needed.
- We uncovered pain points and developed new aspirations related to site functionality, design, and user experience.
- Now, Toyota has a dynamic storytelling center with expanded content formats including interactive and video that connect and engage with media, influencers, stakeholders, and auto enthusiasts.
- Results include strong audience growth and engagement: increases of 34% year over year in site visitors and 53% year over year in page views.
- The Motor Press Guild recognized the site as a best-in-class newsroom.
CELEBRATING TIFFANY & CO.’S LEGACY WITH EDITORIAL-FIRST STORYTELLING
Tiffany & Co. knew it needed to evolve its pressroom into a bespoke content destination to continue differentiating its storied brand and owning its narrative. We looked beyond the press-release depository model to create something as curated as Tiffany’s jewelry collections.
- We pursued a strategy heavy on written and visual storytelling that situates timely corporate news in the wider context of the company and its values.
- A team of dedicated editors publishes weekly in-depth stories to a global audience.
- The site is now a source for elite journalists and publications, including the New York Times.
AMPLIFYING SPOTIFY’S MESSAGE WITH A TRUE ONE-STOP SHOP
While on the verge of its direct listing on the New York Stock Exchange, Spotify saw a new era of exponential growth that opened an opportunity for novel levels of transparency. So, the company turned to SJR to revolutionize its newsroom.
- We worked together to create a unified and beautifully designed destination for Spotify’s news and editorial initiatives: For the Record.
- In four years, the site has grown tremendously and become a true resource for media, consumers, and industry partners alike.
- Articles, infographics, videos, downloadable media kits, and a Spotify-integrated podcast are published daily.
- An innovative site filter incorporates content from 10 Spotify community sites to create a truly connected brand ecosystem.
- The site was recently listed as a finalist for Digiday’s best B2C branded content site.
Interested in optimizing your newsroom?
Reach out to our Head of Growth, JM ([email protected]), to learn more.